Vignal Lighting Group, specialist of lighting and signalling for industrial and commercial vehicles

  • 1919, lyon native Léon VIGNAL creates his electrical equipment company
  • 1960, VIGNAL SA concentrates its activity on the development of rear lamps for heavy duty vehicles.
  • 1975, G. CARTIER Systems located in the Alps acquires VIGNAL.
  • 1989, the VALEO group buys CARTIER Systems and reorganizes the entire industrial systems.
  • 2003, VALEO sells the Industrial Vehicles Signalling activity. On November 1st, 2003, VIGNAL SYSTEMS SA is created. The VIGNAL brand is reborn.
  • 2014, Vignal Systems changes shareholders. EURAZEO PME which is interested in the acquisition of SMEs with an internation potential, enters Vignal Systems with 71% of the capital alongside management. Two months later, the acquisition of ABL Lights, the European leader in industrial vehicle lighting, brings a new dimension to the company. Now called VIGNAL LIGHTING GROUP, with new products and new market segments.
  • 2016, VIGNAL LIGHTING GROUP further extends its product lines with the acquisition of CEA SA, a company based in Rancate, Switzerland, specializing in emergency beacons and safety products for special vehicles, particularly in the agricultural sector. These successive acquisitions and the strong organic growth of the company led the leaders of VIGNAL LIGHTING GROUP to consider moving into new buildings, the Venissieux headquarters having become too small. Hence acquisition in Lyon, Corbas of a plot of 3 hectares on which has just been built in record time a new site of 11 500 m² for a total investment of 15 million euros. This site gathers a production workshop, an R&D center, the Vignal Systems offices and the headquarters of VIGNAL LIGHTING GROUP.